Friday, February 23, 2007

Busman's Holiday


I'm going to take the lazy way out for my post today. I'm going to practise my linking skills. Well just be thankful it's a short post and stop whining. It's boring but necessary. So don't go, link to the good stuff.

This post about a book meme over at Sarabeth's inspired me to write a previous post about books. Meanwhile Ian, over at Failure is the Key to Success, linked to Sarabeth's post and put up his version of the meme. I wanted to do it myself, but needed to know how to copy and paste from a website and move it to my blog. So with suggestions in a comment from Sarabeth and a post over at Ian's website, this newbie was up and running and my version of the meme will be here shortly. I know I'm late going to the party but I'm grateful to have learned the knowhow to be able to get there.

So thanks for all your help, Ian and Sarabeth. This old Westie is learning new tricks every day. Now I'm off to find a picture to gussy this up. Result? No Westie, but almost as cute as me.

4 comments:

Sarabeth said...

Love the image you used.

Last year I learned some relatively basic HTML and I was very excited. New tricks are really nice.

jmb said...

Thanks Sarabeth,
I am so excited about the simple stuff I've been learning. Of course I have been wasting so much time with it. My house is like a tip (garbage dump is the North American term)
Regards
jmb

Sarabeth said...

Oh, I understand about leaving the cleaning behind to learn other things. Think of it this way--you know how to clean. You didn't know all this other information.

And, luckily, we have budgeted for a woman to help clean the house. With three kids at home, one dog, and one rather messy husband, she is totally necessary. We use this house.

jmb said...

You're so right, Sarabeth, I do know how and have had so much practice. I would love to get help with cleaning, which I can well afford but I'd have to clean up first, I'd be too ashamed! Luckily I have some "public rooms" under control so can have people in, provided they don't wander everywhere.
jmb