Sunday, March 18, 2007

Change of Plans

Over the past week I have been been writing a post on my experience in overseeing the care of someone with Alzheimer's disease. I planned to put it up today, to coincide with the round on "Everything Alzheimer's" which Cathy at Cathy's Rants and Ramblin's had organized for Sunday March 18th.

Cathy's life has taken a different direction for the moment and she has postponed the round until Sunday March 25th so I shall keep my post until then.

In the meantime please enjoy this beautiful image of Forget me nots, the symbol of the Alzheimer Society of Canada, borrowed from the cheapseeds.com site. Regular programming will resume tomorrow.

7 comments:

Dr Michelle Tempest said...

They are my favourite flowers. Lovely photo. Michelle

jmb said...

Thanks Michelle,
A teaser for my Alzheimer's post. I wonder do they use this lovely flower for all the Alzheimer's societies or only in Canada.
Regards
jmb

Vic Grace said...

Thanks for dropping by. I love forget- me- nots and such a insightful name for the society

jmb said...

Hi Vic Grace,
A truly lovely symbol for the society.
jmb

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Beautiful flowers, jmb and they are the poignant symbol of the Alzheimer's Society in Britain, too. My mother's last illness was a fast-developing stroke-related dimentia and without the help and support of the Alzheimer's Society I wouldn't have got through that terrible time. No one who has not watched someone develop this cruel disease can possibly understand how heartbreaking it is for you lose the person WHILE THEY ARE STILL THERE. If the person whose care you are overseeing is close, jmb, I feel for you both. I feel for you anyway because you have to be strong to do this. Much love from Sicily.

jmb said...

Hi WCLC,
I'm sorry to hear that your mother's end was in this way. But I'm glad you got the help you needed to deal with this. Help in these situations is so much better in Britain than in North America. It is a friend whose care I oversee. I'll post about it next Saturday so that I can tie in with Cathy's although I don't really know what she has planned.
Regards
jmb

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hi, jmb. I'll be reading on Saturday and thank you for your empathy.