Friday, April 13, 2007

The Lunch Bunch Risks all on Friday 13th

Today the Lunch Bunch, with no fear of Friday 13th, ventured forth to explore a new restaurant. The Walking Group sees this restaurant every Thursday, when we go on the Granville Island walk, and have been intrigued by it. Once we passed by and a waiter was standing outside, enjoying the sunshine. Cheekily we asked to see a menu. He obliged and invited us to come back some time. So today the Lunch Bunch did. It's called Ocean 6 Seventeen, which is its address at 617 Stamps Landing.


The entrance to this small restaurant, with a fabulous view

The view from our table by the window on this rainy day

My choice of entree: crab cakes with mixed salad greens and garlic artichoke dressing, delicious

My dessert: a chocolate ganache torte with mango saffron sherbert

Well despite the rain, we enjoyed lunch which was delicious. We enjoyed each other's company and caught up on what we had all been doing and what we planned to be doing over the summer.

Since we are all members, we'll all see each other again for the Short Book Club meeting on Monday evening.

6 comments:

A.J.Reams said...

Beautiful views; both from the window and your table. Your choice for lunch looks wonderful!

Eurodog said...

I love restaurants by yacht harbours. Your lunch looked delicious.

jmb said...

Hi ajr,
Lovely view isn't it? It was raining so no one hardly there.
Regards
jmb

jmb said...

Hi Michèle,
I love restaurants with a view such as this. We have quite a choice in Vancouver. There is an even bigger one almost next door. But it's view is even better because it can see up and down the inlet.
We liked this one and would go again.
Regards
jmb

james higham said...

Sheer decadence!

I so miss Vancouver. I've been many parts of it, from Kitsilano to North Van and out east and have sailed on English Bay.

I don't know why but I'd thought you were visiting Van only. You live there! That's special.

jmb said...

Hi James,

I had no idea you were acquainted with Vancouver. It is indeed a beautiful setting. I have lived here for 46 years. I do love it but I also love Sydney, the home of my first 24 years, then London for two years and finally here.
Regards
jmb