Friday, April 13, 2007

Thursday Walking Group

Once again, a group of 8 of us walked from the Planetarium parking lot to the Cambie Street bridge, on a relatively warm overcast day. Today I have included some different photos, mostly botanical, shot very hastily as my companions didn't wish to stop and loiter with me. After all, we are out for exercise. I wonder about the focus on the last two, not as sharp as they could be.


A Pieris Japonica in its spring glory at Stamps Landing




I wish I could tell you what this beautiful yellow plant is but I don't know


This condominium complex is called the Lagoons with its own ponds and resident Canada Goose

One of the most interesting spring plants, a type of Euphorbia

A cultivated fern unfolding its fronds

8 comments:

Winchester whisperer said...

Wonderful flowers! I've got quite a lot of euphorbia in my garden

ipanema said...

interesting subjects today. love the goose. :)

hope you had a wonderful walk.

Dr Michelle Tempest said...

Beautiful photographs. Michelle

jmb said...

Hi Winchester,
Thank you, I have several different kinds in my garden too. I especially love my euphorbia polychroma which I can see from my kitchen window.
Regards
jmb

jmb said...

Hi ipanema,

We did have a wonderful walk, it's an everchanging spot, always something different to see.
Those geese are everywhere and are rather messy, like dogs whose owners do not pick up after them, if you get my drift.
Regards
jmb

jmb said...

Thanks Michelle, a truly beautiful spot, always something to enjoy.
Regards
jmb

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

All beautiful photos, jmb. I like the Canada goose best.

jmb said...

Hi WCLC,

Canada geese are regarded by pests by many people. Especially when they are not in Canada. I believe they were imported into London at some time and are hated passionately there because of the mess they make.
Regards
jmb