1. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
2. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
3. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.
Now for the random facts about me, jmb, nobody important as you can see.
2. I came to live in Canada for 2 years with my husband, intending to return to Australia after that. 46 years later we are still here. In fact I've lived here almost twice as long as I lived in Australia, but I'll always be Australian, only now I'm a proud Canadian too.
3. I'm a dog person and I've had four dogs in my lifetime: a Heinz 57 black mutt, a golden cocker spaniel, a miniature schnauzer and a west highland white terrier, all of whom lived to be 14 or 15 years old. Sadly, I don't have a dog since my last one died, since I'm not sure I have another 15 years left myself.
4. I can swim but I can't put my face under the water, because I was knocked out momentarily in the surf when I was a child and came to under water. But I love being out on the water in a boat, small or large and I have to live near the sea.
5. I'm a pack rat, for I hardly ever throw anything out, but just move things from here to there. Luckily I have a big house. This also explains my 75 pairs of shoes, some more than 20 years old.
6. I buy more books than I can keep up with and my to-be-read-pile grows higher and higher and wider and wider. I also keep 99% of my books so I am drowning in books as well as stuff. However I don't read Science Fiction or Fantasy.
7. I am teetotal, but no one else in my family is and I serve wine and liquor to everyone else. I am always the designated driver. No I'm not an alcoholic. I always worry that people will think that when I say I don't drink alcohol.
8. I always wanted to learn the violin when I was a child but there was no money for a violin or lessons. It is still my favourite musical instrument, while my all time favourite musical piece is Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto. I imagine myself, dressed in a long red satin evening gown, performing in the concert hall, with the orchestra, this wonderful piece for your enjoyment. Well I can dream, can't I?
Gosh I'm boring! I thought I would have trouble with this meme but when I got going I even had a few spares.
I won't officially tag anyone else but if you are reading this post and want to take up the challenge, knock yourself out.
The interesting art piece, The Violinist, is by Richard Wolf and found in the East Connecticut University Library.