Friday, September 14, 2007

Temptation 8 ---- Windsurfers

Labour Day Weekend has passed and Fall has arrived in Vancouver. Cool weather with sunshine prevails. But I have a few more photos in the Temptation series before we leave the memories of Summer behind.

Here, at the Jericho Sailing Club, some young people were enjoying a windsurfing lesson as we walked along the foreshore. Click to see the colourful sails against the North Shore mountains.


Windsurfing is very popular here and you see these little sail boards darting along the shoreline.

4 comments:

Colin Campbell said...

Windsurfing was one of those activities that I never really got the hold of. Too much time pulling the wet sail out of the water and trying to go about. It was always something that I tried for short periods and never got beyond the frustrating stage. Sailing and skiing on the other hand, two other potentially frustrating activities, I mastered.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Such a pretty sight.

jmb said...

Hi Colin,
I have never tried it but it has never struck me as being easy to learn. I think my sports were racket sports, which I loved, not so good at balance ones like skiing, etc.

Hi WCLC,
I liked the colours against the blue water and sky and mountains.
regards to you both
jmb

Chrysalis Angel said...

Hi jmb. I've just found your site again. What a beautiful picture. Lake Champlain used to be out my back door. It was so beautiful. I hope you don't mind my popping in. Best to you.