This meme was passed to me from Lady Mac and she sent it to Welshcakes too. Both answered it brilliantly so I don't think I can compete with them. But I'll give it my best shot.
8 things I'm passionate about
1. My family, especially my one and only granddaughter
2. Animals, preferring dogs to others
3. Women having equal rights and opportunities and naturally equal pay for work of equal value. Sorry James.
4. Books, books, books
5. Museums, all kinds
6. Zoos. I could watch animals for hours and I would have made a very good animal behaviourist.
7. Keeping my mind active, learning something new every day
8. Good food, preferably cooked by someone else, and good quality dark chocolate
That list doesn't seem very altruistic, does it? I must be getting old.
8 things to do before I die
1. Go on safari, as if you haven't heard that one before.
2. Read all the books on my TBR pile, a very unlikely event since they keep multiplying like bacteria.
3. Go back to study in Italy.
4. Become truly, truly fluent in Italian.
5. Finish a huge queen sized quilt that I've been making for ten years, at least. It only has to be quilted.
6. Finish putting all my books into a data base so I don't buy the same one twice, which I've been known to do.
7. Go on safari. Did I mention that already?
Yes I know there are only 7 here but I can't think of another thing. Well until I hit publish and then something will occur to me, in which case I'll update it.
I've always hated goal setting when I've been forced to do it for some reason, in some course I was taking or whatever. You also have to remember that I have less time to achieve these goals than many.
8 things I say often
1. What the hell is going on ( I have to change it to "what the heck" around my granddaughter).
2. Hi (somehow it has changed from hello over the years), always accompanied by a big smile I'm told.
3. Tell me...
4. What are you reading?
5. Thank you, no. Or Yes, please. It depends.
6. Let's stop pussyfooting around and get on with it.
7. Where are my glasses? (It seems Welshcakes and I share this problem)
8. Bugger, bugger, bitch, bitch!
8 books I've read recently
1. The Bookseller of Kabul --Asne Seierstad
2. The Pianist -- Wladyslaw Szpilman
3. Peony in Love -- Linda See
4. The Water's Lovely -- Ruth Rendell
5. A Russian Diary -- Anna Politkovskaya
6. The Tipping Point -- Malcolm Gladwell
7. Body Surfing -- Anita Shreve
8. Still Summer -- Jacqueline Mitchard
I must say that this blogging business has seriously cut into my reading time! Well book reading, since obviously I read a lot of blogs.
8 song I could listen to over and over
1. Nessun' dorma Luciano Pavarotti or Ben Heppner
2. Send in the Clowns Judy Collins
3. Con te partiró Andrea Bocelli
4. Dancing in the Streets David Bowie and Mick Jagger
5. Home to Stay Josh Groban
6. O Holy Night Luciano Pavarotti
7. Clouds Joni Mitchell
8. Amazing Grace, Joan Baez, Judy Collins or just about anybody, a cappella or on the bagpipes
This meme said songs but really I'd like to have put Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto or Pictures at an Exhibition or Elgar's Cello Concerto or some other classical pieces.
8 qualities I look for in a best friend
2. Ability to listen
3. Sense of humour
4. Curious about things
5. Fun to be with
Can I say that this is a mighty strange collection of eights? Especially the last set. But there you have it. Not the best meme I've ever done. If you are interested in doing it, knock yourself out.