Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A Consolation Prize

My cataract surgery also involves appointments at various times beforehand, so I am taking the opportunity to take a short vacation between a couple of them. Today we will be flying to San Diego, a city of which I am rather fond, perhaps because it puts me in mind of Sydney, our hometown, although they are quite different. I have been there several times before although quite a long time ago.


San Diego skyline at night*

After a few days in the city we will be taking a seven day cruise down to Mexico on the Oosterdam. I booked this quite last minute and was not able to get the cruise I had in mind but I'm sure this will be a nice break and I won't have to cook any meals for a while which is a plus for me. Not only that, I will probably go to visit my favourite zoo in San Diego, which I like just as much as Sydney's Taronga Zoo and that's saying something.


MS Oosterdam

I will be taking my laptop and the hotel in San Diego has free internet connection. As well I will pay an arm and a leg for internet connection on the ship but since it is so expensive I will probably only be checking my email and hopefully posting something to this blog via email, with the occasional image, now that I have discovered how to do that.

So my blog visiting will be virtually non existent during the next ten days, I'm afraid. I hope I can find something interesting on this trip to share with you. Take care my dear blog friends and do enjoy whatever it is that is keeping you occupied these days.

*Image is from Wikimedia Commons

17 comments:

Vijay said...

Have a great trip JMB.
I'm sure you'll be back with lots of pictures and stories. The 10 days wait will be worth it for your readers.

mutleythedog said...

Not sure you will get this but Seaworld in San Diego is great as well!! Have a nice trip!

Sean Jeating said...

Bon voyage, Mylady. :)

Julie said...

Have a great time, enjoy your cruise - it sounds lovely.

Sarabeth said...

May you have a fabulous trip!

Carver said...

That is fabulous JMB. I am so glad that you will be getting trips in between your appointments. That's a great idea and I hope you have a wonderful time. Take care, Carver

rlbates said...

Have a great trip JMB!

Janice Thomson said...

Have a wonderful time JMB - relax and enjoy. You deserve it.

Ellee Seymour said...

You are one very lucky lady, I hope all goes well and that you will have a great trip too.

Rositta said...

Absolutely enjoy your trip. It's well deserved I'm sure...ciao

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Have a wonderful trip, jmb!

Patricia Gordillo Serrano said...

Stimati jmb:

Vi invito affettuosamente a visitare il mio foglio o pagina in Internet dove troveranno i miei romanza e le mie poesie

Penso che per me possa essere molto importante leggere e lasciare il loro pensiero o interpretazioni sulle stessi poesie.

Volentieri


Patricia Gordillo

Córdoba - Argentina

www.patriciagordillo.com.ar


elsubeybajadelamarea.blogspot.com



Mie poesie all' Italiano

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Here's wishing you a good trip and a safe operation.

Chrysalis Angel said...

I hope you enjoy your time. Beautiful photo of the skyline. I just love the photos you share. I pray for a speedy recovery for you after your surgery, and that all goes well. Have a Happy Easter, JMB. Best to you!

Smalltown RN said...

Hope you have a fabulous trip!!!Sounds like a wonderful adventure...

Ruthie said...

That sounds amazing! Have a wonderful trip!

Expat Traveler said...

booking last minute isn't all that bad. Looks like your trip and photos were incredible..


Glad you got some sun!!! :)

SD was my birthplace by the way.