Thursday, May 1, 2008

Canaussie -- AussieCan!

Usually I think of myself as Australocanadian, but Sienna, to whom I reintroduced you yesterday has posted some additional amazing photos on her blog in a post dedicated to me called Canaussie - Aussiecan and this is her new name for my status. Here are a couple of teasers to get you to visit her new photos and check out why she and I both love the flora and fauna and landscape of Australia.



A white boomer, a very unusual sight indeed

Sienna has to upload all these photos using dial-up, which is a true labour of love. Living out in the country means you have to try to create your own broadband service but as she says it did not turn out well. Sorry Pam, but I had to laugh when you left this comment on my computer woes post.
I made the move (rather) tried to make the move from dial up to wireless broadband, with a 9 decibel aerial creating magic, then promptly lost the aerial and the steel pipe it was bolted to in the first storm we had after putting it up on the roof! (and a sheet of roof)...man they sure make dem dere bolts tough!

Another thing she had to say on my liking for koalas.
People think the koalas are cute, but they don't do anything, I think eucalyptus must space their poor brains out, it is the wombats that are truly the chracters of Australia..
Yes there's a photo of a wombat at Sienna's and an Australian dingo and even an emu. Some very good news from her part of the world is that rain has come after many months.
We had 6mm rain yesterday, 24 points, more forecast next two days, it is the most amazing stuff rain, we just went and walked in it, got soaked but it was so much fun.

She closed her post with one of her famous sunsets. Thanks a million Sienna.


Good night JMB, love from Australia.


11 comments:

Semaj Mahgih said...

Wombat's got tons of brains.

Janice Thomson said...

I loved her tribute to you JMB.
Pam's photos are spectacular coupled with the most wonderful sense of humor. It's a treat to pass by her blog and capture a taste of Australia.

Ellee Seymour said...

I think it is time you paid a visit to Australia again, you really miss it.

CherryPie said...

That is an amazing sunset :-)

Carver said...

I am so glad I went to her site after reading your last one.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Love that white boomer.

Sienna said...

JMB we have had (light) steady rain for two days! All up about 60 points, so beautiful.

See the picture of the dam and sunset, I forgot to tell you the salinity in that water is quite high, almost sea water levels.

As the dam water level has dropped, apparently the salinity levels have risen, I picked it up, just cleaning my teeth, thought this toothpaste tastes odd? Realised it was the water from the dam, took sample to the Water Board in town and sure enough it was around the 4800 per whatever they rate it...

I'm carting rainwater from the shearing shed tanks to the stock, (around the house) and other rainwater in tanks on trailers (to sheep lambing).

Incredible eh, and yet our neighbor 4 mile down the road is okay? 1800!

The white kangaroo, I don't think it is an albino, as you can see it's eyes are just normal color, but interesting fellow all the same.

All the other kangaroos and wallabies were so friendly, loved to be petted and fed, but whitey was quite standoffish.

Pam

Dr.John said...

Well at least my computer won't cause me to lose part of the roof.
Loved the white kangaroo.

jams o donnell said...

WOw that is a beautiful sunset. I've never seen a photo of a white kangaroo before

Sean Jeating said...

Thanks for commending Sienna's site. Some great photos and interesting thoughts to discover.
May you and the old scientist enjoy a lovely weekend under your rock. :)

jmb said...

I've never seen a wombat James, well not in real life.

Hi Janice,
Pam's blog is a treat. Too bad she doesn't post more often.
Hi Ellee,
You are right. I should get on to it.
Isn't it Cherrypie?
Hi Carver,
Glad you enjoyed Pam's photos. Her place is amazing.
Hi Welshcakes
Pam says he's not albino because his eyes are fine. Just a rarity.
Hi Sienna,
the lady herself. I'm so glad about the rain. What a pain about the salinity. You will need lots of rain to cure that.
Hi Dr John
It must have been some storm but she sounded phlegmatic about it.
Hi Jams,
Pam finds some really great photos where she lives.

Hi Sean,
It always delights me to visit Sienna. The animals, both domestic and wild that she shows on her site plus the very special countryside are wonderful

Thanks to you all for visiting and commenting
regards
jmb