Monday, June 9, 2008

Where, oh where does the time go?

I'm supposed to be retired but life seems to be just as hectic as when I was working. Not only have I been very involved with online administrative duties, conducting a vote and writing a voting report for Blogpower, but there have been several real life meetings for an Association of which I am a director and writing minutes for those. I seem to spend my whole life in front of the computer, either composing documents or answering emails. I haven't even had time to go to Second Life and take JMB Balough out for spin, to practice walking you know. She'll be getting mad at me and she definitely needs the practice.

Tonight is the meeting of my Short Book Club and I have to read the last few pages of The Alchemist by Paul Coelho. Luckily it's a very short book else I would not have near finished it.

Oh, did I tell you that I am having my second eye surgery on Wednesday so I am juggling the old eye drops four times a day? I have to remember to put them in the correct eye, the left one, since I spent four weeks putting them in the right one. It's no wonder I am having trouble keeping it straight. I'm not quite so nervous as I was last time. I know that I have at least one good eye with twenty/twenty vision. The ophthalmologist has decided to use a different lens this time, since he had such trouble last time, with me squeezing my eyeball. I still maintain that it is not possible to squeeze one's eyeball, especially with the eye held wide open by some torture device.

Anyway, this will explain if you don't see me around for a bit, either visiting or posting. I plan to be back for sure by Saturday Photo Hunt, but perhaps I will be around sooner. I do hope so. Now wish me luck. This time I will just take the double vision in my stride! Back soon, better than ever. It will be fine! It will be fine! It will be fine!

20 comments:

leslie said...

Okay, wishing you lots of luck!

After you're done with the eye surgery, you can remove the glasses from JMB Balogh! :D

Ellee Seymour said...

Good luck with the eye op, I have poor eyesight and do sympathise.

As for time, you are clearly a cultured and social woman and live life to the full. I enjoy those things too. I find it is blogging that makes me so tired. Am I heading for burnout?

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

All the best with the eye op.

Sean Jeating said...

May the doc do his bestest :) job, and may the mirror of your soul be sparkling brighter than ever.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

You are so active, jmb - you are an example to us all. I'm sure the eye surgery will be just fine, and Simi and I are thinking of you. Love from Sicily xx

CherryPie said...

Good luck with you eye operation :-)

I don't seem to have got very far at all in my book group read this month!

Smalltown RN said...

JMB...I have not been around very much and for that I apologize....it's funny how life can just get away on us....

I wish you the best of luck...not that you will need with with regards to your eyes...but I just can't imagine having something holding my eye open as they prob it...just gives me the heebie jeebies thinking about it....you will be in my thoughts...

jams o donnell said...

Good luck with the op. I hope it is as succesful as your previous one. Haste ye back!

sally in norfolk said...

yes it will be fine...says me who would be scared to death lol take care x

Dr.John said...

Hope the surgery goes well. We will pray for you.

Phil A said...

Good luck!

Nunyaa said...

Good luck JMB, I wish you well and speedy recovery :-)

fake consultant said...

the official motto of the united states seems to also apply to one who is expecting to resolve double vision through surgery:

"e pluribus unum": from many, one.

best of luck...see you in a few days.

jmb said...

Leslie, that is too funny. But I think I'll keep them on.
Thanks Ellee, it went fine so far, maybe burnout is a possibility so cut back so that we don't lose you altogether.
Thanks LGS, it was fine.
Thanks Sean, doc said it was perfect, not like before.
Thanks Welshcakes and Miss Simi, it was fine and so I hope to be active again very soon.
Thanks Cherie, well now I have ane book to read for next month!
Smalltown, thank you it was fine, luckily you can't see what they are doing to you, only hear.
Thanks Jams, fine, fine, fine!
Sally I was scared the first time but less so this time.
Thank you Dr John, I appreciate those prayers.
Thanks Phil, all went well, so far.
Thanks Nunyaa, I am not down and out for long with this simple surgery.
Very funny FC, the double vision comes temporarily from the surgery. If only the problems of the US could be solved so simply.

Thanks to everyone for visiting and your good wishes. It was fine, fine, fine!

CherryPie said...

I am glad it all went well :-)

I am curious as to your next book group choice? :-)

Josie said...

JMB, I'm glad to hear it went well. Was it at the St. Joseph's Eye Centre? My brother had the same surgery, I believe, and I went with him. He was nervous too, but now he has perfect vision.

Liz said...

Squeezing your eyeball? I agree that sounds difficult to do. I am holding my eyelid open and trying to squeeze my eyeball. Impossible. It's like trying to move a fork by thought alone.

The Alchemist. Have I read that? I read a very famous one by Paul Coelho. So famous I can't remember if that was it. About a boy's search for ... something. Did you enjoy it anyway?

Anonymous said...

Hello!

I'm a big fan of Paulo Coelho! You will love this! He's the first best-selling
author to be distributing for free his works on his blog:
www.paulocoelhoblog.com


Have a nice day!

Aart

Chrysalis Angel said...

I hope you are healing quickly. Just dropping by, letting you know I'm thinking of you.

Political Umpire said...

Wishing you all the best JMB. I am sure that eye issues are something I will confront in the future (other than just wearing lenses which I do already): both my mother and one aunt have glaucoma, and apparently this might be genetic. Also apparently this might be a gene commonly associated with Greek people, so I am guessing a few generations ago there must have been a Greek milkman ...