Thursday, September 11, 2008

What is Happening with Wet Coast Women this Week

Some of you may have noticed this button on my sidebar which has been there since almost the beginning of my blog. I posted some photos of Vancouver on my blog and someone suggested they would be good for the Wet Coast Women blog site which was started as a cooperative blog for local women by Crunchy Carpets.

Last week Crunchy instituted a What's Happening with our members type of roundup post on the blog but at the moment our fearless leader is without her computer so she begged for help with a roundup for this week and I stepped into the breech. This is crossposted here and at Wet Coast Women.

Mary Anne over at A Place I call Home is talking about canning in Bountiful Harvest. Now this is a very busy lady who works as a nurse and has other extracurricular activities but still manages to put up produce for winter in this time honoured tradition.

While a bear is in the news for attacking a fisherman in BC this week, the one over at Vic Grace's Cariboo Ponderer was patiently Waiting for his Dinner to be served at the table.

Expat Traveller has moved to Victoria recently and she shares some of her wonderful photos of her new locale in Weekend Snapshots.

Alice at I was Born3Cree8 had a very busy Monday with a long list of things to do but all did not go as smoothly as planned. However she was very satisfied with her performance at her branch of the Toastmasters Club.

Crunchy herself of Crunchy Carpets is suffering the agonies of Parenthood in Helicoptering my Kids.... Happily, as her young son, her little free spirit, navigates the early days of Grade 1 in school. As she picks him up from school she anxiously searches his face, how was his day?

Leslie at the Pedalogue in My Heart Bleeds pays tribute to her friend Kathy who passed away from cancer after a twenty year battle. It's a story of a lovely friendship these two women shared.

Lisa at Instantgratificationgirl.ca in Falling Behind tells us that her child has made the transition from kindergarten to First Grade relatively smoothly and she also recounts the story of her recent trip to Victoria along with a few this and thats in her life.

Margy at Powell River Books gives us the skinny on Growing Potatoes in a Barrel. It is a very intriguing method and also has the advantage of being self storing of the harvest for later use.

This is just a taste of what our members are writing about. I just counted and this group has grown to ninety members. I think that is astounding and a tribute to Crunchy who does such a sterling job keeping this site going for all of us to enjoy.

8 comments:

James Higham said...

Is there such a thing as a Wet Coast Man y any chance, JMB or are they now an endangered species? :)

Sean Jeating said...

Great shot of the bear 'waiting for dinner'.

Carver said...

I love the name, Wet Coast Women, and you did a good round up.

Smalltown RN said...

Well look at you....staying on top of all things....I haven't been over at Margy's lately...I like the sounds of the potatos in the barrel....I have connected with Jen and we are hoping to meet up some day soon....

Oh and James....although it says Wet Coast Women men can join in on the fun as well....no it is not an exculsive club.....

Thanks JMB for doing this...that's awesome....

Ellee Seymour said...

Shouldn't West Coast women be on rollerblades being chased by hunky guys?

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

90! My goodness. that is a tribute to all of you indeed.

Dr.John said...

Nice roundup. I may use it to find some links for my daily links.

jmb said...

Now what do you think James?

Wasn't it Sean, I love that shot.

Thanks Carver, we do indeed live on the Wet Coast.

Hi Smalltown, just a quick glance around the members to see what they were talking about, not really comprehensive.

I think that is in California Ellee but maybe we should take it up.

I was quite surprised when I counted the list Welshcakes, I think there were only about 30 or so when I joined.

Thanks Dr John, you may indeed find some new links on the list.

Thanks to everyone for visiting and commenting.
jmb