Thursday, December 25, 2008

For Unto us a Child is Born 2008



The Adoration of the Magi
Fra Angelico and Fillipo Lippi


For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and the government will be upon his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, the Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

To everyone who is celebrating this feast, may I wish you and your families a very Happy and Holy Christmas.

From Handel's Messiah the wonderful chorus, For unto us a child is born.




Robert Shaw and the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and Chamber Chorus

8 comments:

Liz said...

Enjoy the time with your family and friends, jmb.

It was wonderful to meet you in the autumn - and thank you again for my lovely lunch and driving me around!

Keep warm too!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Buon Natale, jmb.

CherryPie said...

I hope you have a good time. I always loved singing in the Messiah.

Dr.John said...

Merry Christmas and may your New Year be blessed.

Chervil said...

Merry Christmas, jmb. I hope 2009 will bring you all you wish for.

jmb said...

Thanks Liz. It was great to meet you too.
Thanks Welshcakes.
I used to sing it too Cherie, long ago.
I hope you had a happy and holy Christmas and happy new year to you too.
Thanks Chervil and the same to you.

Thanks to everyone for taking time on this special day to visit and comment.

Sean Jeating said...

As I kept my fingers crossed, I am (almost) sure the snow could not stop you and your pudding attaining to your friend's home, and her turkey.
Hope you and yours enjoyed not only both, the turkey and the pudding, but some thoroughly lovely days, Mylady.

fake consultant said...

for unto us snow was delivered...again, and again, and again...but the rain has finally come, and what was almost a meter of snow in the yard has become a mere half meter just 12 hours later...and if we don't wash away, all will soon be well.

hope all is well for you and yours too--and you might want to avoid white water rafting for a few days...unless, of course, that becomes a part of getting around vancouver until the inevitable flooding ends.