Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year for 2009


HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE
MAY 2009 BRING YOU ALL THAT YOU WISH


And so ends 2008, the second year of this blog and while there have been some negatives for me in cyberspace, on the whole it has been a wonderful experience to interact with you, my blog acquaintances, some of whom have morphed into friends.

I said this last year and it still remains so true I'm will repeat it. You have all enriched my life in so many ways. You've challenged my mind with your posts, you've helped me with my tech problems, you've taught me so much about your different worlds, you've entertained me with your humour. Some of you have shared your poetry and stories and your beautiful paintings and photographs. You've welcomed me into your lives and shared your innermost thoughts and I am grateful to each and every one of you.

I wish you all health, happiness and prosperity for 2009 and being half Scottish, I'll close with the words of Rabbie Burns in Auld Lang Syne and make a toast (non-alcoholic, of course) to you all.

And there's a hand, my trusty fiere!
And gie's a hand o' thine!
And we'll tak a right guid willy waught,
For auld lang syne.

or for the linguistically challenged English speakers

And there is a hand, my trusty friend!
And give me a hand of yours!
And we will take a right good-will drink,
For old long past.




Eddi Reader, Scottish singer/songwriter, in a very different version of Auld Lang Syne

NB: Words and translation from the World Burns Club

18 comments:

Napaboaniya said...

It has been a great 2008 having known you in the blogger-sphere.

May 2009 bring you peace,love,laughter and joy JMB! :)

Sean Jeating said...

Happy New Year, jmb, and may the coming 365 days bring you, the old scientist and those around you the best of everything which is, as everybody knows, Omnium. :)

ipanema said...

i wish you all the best for the new year jmb!!!

thanks for dropping by. :)

CherryPie said...

Happy New Year to you too!

lady macleod said...

Had to pay an early, and I mean EARLY, morning visit to say Happiest of New Year's to you and the adorable scientist-guy! You two are so special, have a joyous year my friend!

Carver said...

Happy New Year JMB. I am so grateful to have gotten to know you through blogging. I love the beautiful version of Auld Lang Syne you posted.

rlbates said...

Happy New Year to you and yours, JMB!

Heart of Rachel said...

May the new year usher in great blessings for you and your family. Happy New Year JMB! God bless.

maryt/theteach said...

jmb, I'm sorry I haven't been around to visit you... no reason, just things getting ahead of me. I want to wish you a Happy New Year and all the best for 2009!

Crushed said...

Happy New Year too you too!

Liz said...

And a very wonderful 2009 to you and the old scientist!

Rositta said...

Here's one to you from an old Scottish friend;

"Here's to those that like us well;
And those that don't, can go to hell."

Happy New Year...ciao

Janice Thomson said...

That was a neat rendition of that song JMB.
Am delighted to have met you in blog-land and wish the best for you in the coming year with more entertaining and informative posts.

Dr.John said...

Enjoyed the song. Happy New Year.

Vic Grace said...

Best wishes to you too for the new year. I have enjoyed your posts and maybe next time I come to Vancouver I will make it over to your part of the world for a cup of tea.

Sometimes Saintly Nick said...

Happy New Year!

May you be blessed with much happiness and many joys in 2009!

Phil A said...

Happy New Year JMB!

jmb said...

Thank you all for visiting and commenting on this post.
May 2009 bring you all that you hope for.