Monday, February 9, 2009

Blog Anniversary -- The Terrible Twos!

Actually I am a day late, for yesterday was the second anniversary of Nobody Important. Last year in my first anniversary post I said that somehow I doubted that I would be celebrating a second year.

But somehow I am still here. Writing about nothing much, still wondering why I am putting the effort into it. I guess there is some satisfaction to it after all. I never did keep a diary for more than a day and a half and this is a diary in a way. Places I've been or go, things I have done or do today, books I've read. That how I think of this blog.

My children and my friends still don't read it but maybe they will look at it after I am gone and learn a little more about me. When I gave the eulogy at a friend's funeral, obviously from my point of view of our friendship, a family member came up to me afterwards and said you know it was as if you were talking about a different person, someone new that I knew nothing about. We all present different sides of ourselves to those we interact with and we are different people to each of them. Here perhaps I come together as a whole, but only what I choose to reveal. I think there is always a person within that we never show completely to outsiders. Well at least I don't.

I am still trying to master my digital camera, never really satisfied when I compare my photos to some of the others I see . I am still hoping that one day I will develop the "eye" but it is not likely at this late stage. But I enjoy very much taking part in Photo Hunt every week and have made some different blog friends in that way.

I am still so grateful for the good friends I have made through blogging. A few I have met in real life, other blog friendships have deepened further by email correspondence. Some I visit regularly, others more casually but I have learned so much from each and every one I visit. What's not to love about that? On the other hand, blogging has unexpectedly brought me some trials, some negatives, just like life, but you work through them as best you can, saddened by it all.

This is what I said in last year's post and since it remains true I will repeat it once more.

I do want to thank the people who come regularly or intermittently to read this blog and comment, or not. Every one of you is precious to me and you have made this year very special. My family and friends all think I'm crazy with this blogging thing but I know that each and every one of you understands the lure of it all.

Of course now they think I am even crazier with my interest in Second Life.


So please join me once again in a virtual toast on the occasion of my second anniversary.
Cin, Cin!

25 comments:

Sometimes Saintly Nick said...

Happy Blogaversary!
May you have many more!

Dragonstar said...

Many,many happy returns of yesterday! I do so agree with you about the friendships made by blogging - it's a wonderful community.

Shades said...

Cheers!

Ian

Katney said...

Happy blogaversary. I am coming on a milestone of 500 posts.

I must have been an over-achiever: I got a diary as far as a week once.

And look into a photography class at whatever the local equivalent of our community college is. Ours has a special for senior citizens. I am enjoying my class.

sally in norfolk said...

Happy blog birthday.. I actually forgot my own birthday i was 2 also on christmas day dont know where the time has gone :-)

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Cin cin and congratulations, jmb! I actually envy your photography skills every time I come over here.

Dr.John said...

Happy blogaversary. May there be many more. Your family just doesn't know what they are missing.

Moggs Tigerpaw said...

Happy Birthday to Nobody Important!

A post that makes observations that ring true, including about friendships.

You are right about family not being interested.

I figure the interest in blogging sort of brings people with an interest in it together. Same for Second Life really.

CherryPie said...

Congratulations on your Blog Anniversary!

rlbates said...

Happy Blogaversary!

jmb said...

Thanks to everyone for your good wishes. The best thing about blogging is the people you interact with, from all over the world.

Carver said...

I'm raising my glass to you JMB! I'm glad that you have continued your blog and I hope you will as long as it's fun for you. I know I enjoy visiting here. Here's to many more years of blogging.

Ian Lidster said...

A definite toast to you, dear friend. And may you keep coming back year after year. I still love to visit.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Only two? I feel you are an almighty institution and force within the blogosphere. Hard to believe you are still so new. I wish you many, many more Blog Anniversaries and thank you for sharing bits of the "whole" you with us here.

lady macleod said...

Congratulations my friend! Huzzah! I lift a glass to you. You know, I have no idea how long I've been blogging...something to do with Morocco I think...

You keep going as long as it brings you the joy you give us your readers (and your friends in 'real life')

Heart of Rachel said...

Happy Blog Anniversary! Wishing you many more inspiration to fill the pages of your blog.

Smalltown RN said...

Well Happy Blog Anniversary to you....funny it must be the day...I have visited two bloggers now who are sharing the blog anniversary....I look forward to hearing about all of your adventures..and don't give up on that camera...the photos will come...

jams o donnell said...

Congratulations JMB. May there be many more bolgoversaries to come!

Ellee Seymour said...

Yes, cin, cin. And good luck with the digital camera. Happy 2nd blog anniversary.

Nunyaa said...

Happy Blog birthday JMB. You have done well and your blog is a pleasure to read :)

Voyager said...

Happy anniversary! I hope you stick around the blogosphere for a long time.
V.

jmb said...

Thanks again for all the good wishes. This blogging is a wondrous thing, quite addictive in many ways.

Trubes said...

Happy Blogoversary JMB. Ireally enjoy reading your blog, although I don't always comment, I do visit regularly.
May you keep on writing forever!

Di.x

Liz said...

Very belated congratulations, jmb!

You are right I think in saying that our different parts come together in blogging and also that not everything is seen.

There are so many good things about blogging that non-bloggers just don't understand.

Ian said...

Even later congratulations here.

I still keep up via google reader and still have problems getting around to posting comments.

Thanks for the past year's posts and here's wishing you many more years.

Regards,
Ian