Friday, February 20, 2009

Saturday Photo Hunt --- Warm





WARM


Warm........... The first thing to spring to my mind for this theme is warm sunny days at the beach. The golden sands, the blue sky above, the sound of the waves breaking on the shore. So here are a few photos from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, a frequent destination for Canadians seeking some warmth from the long winters.

So warm that many sat under these palm frond umbrellas

Not just ordinary sand here, but sand sculptures. This was part of
a life sized depiction of the Last Supper.

Some young children found it too warm and decided to
cool off in a nearby shallow stream, clothes and all.

I'll be travelling in Australia/New Zealand for the next month and not likely doing Photo Hunt. So I'll join you all again for sure at the beginning of April. I will be blogging but probably not doing Photo Hunt.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE



22 comments:

jams o donnell said...

Ah now that's the perfect place to be right here and right now! I love the sand sculptures

Carver said...

Great shots for the theme. The sand sculptures are amazing. I hope your travels in Australia and New Zealand are easy and pleasant.

CherryPie said...

I love those sand sculptures!

Enjoy your journey and have fun :-)

YTSL said...

Great holiday pics. Hope to see some more of those after you return from your Antipodean holiday! And before that: have a great vacation!! :)

mirage2g said...

wow! The sand sculpture is amazing!!!

TeacherJulie said...

These are the perfect places for warm days :)

Have fun during your travel, JMB and take care :)

Yo should meet up with some of the Australian bloggers who do PH :D

Colin Campbell said...

Heading off for some warm weather JMB? That first one just captures the theme so well.

Aileni said...

I can feel the heat.

Have a great trip.

Moggs Tigerpaw said...

I so need a sunny beach holiday.

Longing for a beach in a Greek island now after seeing those pics. *Sigh*

Moggs Tigerpaw said...

Or maybe some California sunshine...

Patricia said...

Wow - that sand sculpture is amazing!

Have a wonderful trip, JMB.

KISSEDALOTATOADS said...

Oh my,.... I love the sand sculpture,... fabulous. Great post and thanks for swinging by.

aliceaudrey said...

Great sand sculpture.

Liz said...

THose sand sculptures are amazing! And I thought I was pretty good at sandcastles ...

I'll say again, have a wonderful holiday!

PowersTwinB said...

Hi sweetie, thanks for visiting my hunt...I am also going out of town, as ou know...but I am post-dating my Photo hunts and they will appear on Saturdays at 12:00am...just thought I'd let you know...Have an amazing trip

Expat Traveler said...

Oh those are some great warm pics! I've been to PV back in 2000. Enjoy your long trip and I hope you take lots of pics to share with us. If you aren't doing the photo hunt, please at least post some pics of your time (if you can).. I'd love to see where I've yet to visit. :)

And enjoy the warmth!

Dragonstar said...

Mexico sounds an enchanting place to visit.

Enjoy your travels, and we'll be glad to welcome you whenever you can blog.

Ellee Seymour said...

I can't believe those stunning sand sculptures. And it's so lovely to see blue skies again too.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Now that looks like a bit of warm!

Eurodog said...

Bon voyage, JMB.

Heart of Rachel said...

I miss the beach. It's getting warmer here as summer approaches. I can't wait to go to the beach this summer vacation.

Have a fun trip. Looking forward to your return. Take care!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I love those sand sculptures.