Monday, May 25, 2009

Gone Fishing!

Not really. Hardly my thing at all.

But I do seem to be rather busy these days with this and that and thus a little neglectful of this blog and my blogging friends.

Recently I have taken on several administrative positions in organizations I belong to and every now and again they demand a lot of attention for a period of time.

The latest of these is Treasurer of the Faculty Women's Club and although I held this position for three years previously and had no qualms about doing it again, the recent transition period was more problematic than it should have been. The previous treasurer did not hand over everything before she left on a trip and I was dealing with the bank regarding signature changes on the account without much current information. We also held a major fund raising event in the middle of all this so I had a lot of cash and cheques to be deposited and a statement to generate.

But all is well now and I think I have covered all the bases for the moment. The amazing thing is that when you are retired you make such a big deal of these things, whereas when you are working you just add them to your to-do list and fit them all in. When I was working fulltime I was the treasurer of another organization for some years and it never phased me in the least.

Well I am sure it will all be fine, fine, fine and I'll be back soon with places I've been, things I've done and books I've read.

5 comments:

CherryPie said...

You sound even more busy than me and that takes some doing ;-)

Good luck with everything :-)

Carver said...

You are busily retired. Sometimes blogging has to go on the back burner. I'm not blogging as much myself, except for the theme ones I do and even that can get to be a lot. Take care, Carver

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Yes, strange how we pack more activities than ever in when we're working! But once we get used to a little free time, it's addictive... Do come back soon!

jmb said...

Well not really Cherie, I am sure you are much busier and thanks.

I noticed you are not blogging so much Carver. Maybe we have run out of things to say.

I am good at making the jobs fill the available time apparently. Plus a bit of a procrastinator.

Thanks for visiting and commenting.

Liz said...

I feel the same: that I'm slacking on the visiting front. Life sometimes gets busier, that's all. Well done to taking on a financial role! Money and me don't get on!