Thursday, June 11, 2009

Music II. Just when you thought it was safe...

Inspired by JMB's visit to a concert I thought I would re-visit the top 10 meme I did a post on previously.

Firstly, just to show I am not totally sad, I will mention that the last comparable 'do' to JMB's I went to recently was an IL Divo concert at the O2 Arena. It is a pretty good venue with a huge car park and great public transport connections, one stop down from Canary Wharf and all the facilities there.

It was just marvellous and Il Divo are so great and so cute!

Managed to wangle tickets to a corporate box. Along with arena seats it had a lounge, TV and a bar! How cool is that? Though why you would want a TV at a concert I don't know.

Unlike the Old Scientist's musical tastes mine are pretty catholic. Like I said before, I can think of examples of almost every genre that I do like and enjoy.

So... My 'No hidden messages' Top Ten, for this week is:

Knock you Down – Keri Hilson, Kanye West & Ne-Yo
Remedy – Little Boots
You Please Me – Dragonette
Number One – Tinchey Strider and N-Dubz
Paparazzi – Lady Gaga
Crazier – Taylor Swift
Soon We'll be found – Sia
Sometimes – Matinee Club
Every Word (Wendel Kos Radio edit) Ercola
Everybody but Me – Lykke Li

Bonus track:
The sands of Time – United DJs vs. Pandora

6 comments:

jmb said...

You are so lucky Miss Moggs. I love Il Divo and have all their CDs. It is fashionable to hate them because they were put together as a group, both for their singing and their handsome looks. But I enjoy them tremendously.

I have heard of one on this list. Lady Gaga. How sad is that?

Moggs Tigerpaw said...

I don't care if people do say bad stuff about Il Divo.

They have good voices, they sing well together, they mostly sing good songs, they are professionals who put on a good show...

Also did I/we already shallowly mention they are handsome? ^_^

Liz said...

Oh my, I must be getting old. I don't know any of those titles. Like jmb I've heard of Lady GaGa - and Kanye WEst - but wouldn't recognise them if I met them in the street or heard them on the wireless.

Phil A said...

You are a touch 'cutting edge' here for someone who knows about sumptuary laws & bear pits. I know the 'Hands' Album (Remedy) was only released this month. You rock.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I love Il Divo too!

Moggs Tigerpaw said...

Liz, maybe it depends on what charts you listen to?

Phil, licks finger touches hip makes "Tsssst!"noise.

Welshcakes That is easily understandable ^_^