Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Washington Sex Arrest

I bet that title got your attention. I could not resist bringing this to the attention of the waiting world when I... to use a phrase, came across it while surfing the net.

Now it seems to me that this is a natural part of human... intercourse, even a wifely duty and if she enjoys it so enthusiastically then good for them.

Maybe the good folks and the forces of Law and order in Washington in Tyne and Wear in the UK could give them a break?

It did occur to me that if it was really bothering the neighbours then maybe a four poster with hanging drapes to soak up some of the sound might help.

Maybe she could try a gag and, who knows, some restraints... to discourage too much wild movement, you understand?

Mmmmm.... But that might even enhance the experience and lead to increased offending ^_^.

Locking her up seems to go against natural justice and human nature. I figure she needs a good lawyer and a writ of habeas corpus. (Literally; "you (shall) have the body", but not in her husband's case right now I guess)

Who will the sex police.. come for next? She innocently conjectures ^_^

"Is that a nightstick? Or are you just very glad to see me?" ^_^

I would have thought that went against European Human Rights legislation under Article 8 - The right to respect for one's private and family life, correspondence and home and Article 12 - The right to marry and found a family.

I bet she is glad the government didn't get away with trying introduce 90-day detention without charge.

Oh to be on the jury...

10 comments:

jmb said...

Thanks for giving me a big laugh Miss Moggs. I think those neighbours are just jealous, don't you?

On the other hand is it a laughing matter? I don't think it is at all. Those penalties are pretty hefty and does she end up with a criminal record one wonders. All in all it is rather sad I think, the whole story.

Sometimes Saintly Nick said...

That's the most absurd arrest I've read about in a long time. I wonder if all her neighbors are complaining or maybe just one or two. That would make a difference to me.

I agree with JMB: it is rather sad that a community has fallen to this level of persecution.

Moggs Tigerpaw said...

JMB/nick, It is surely true that just to rub along together (Oh no I can't stop it!) you do need to have some thought to how what you do affects others.

But.. Well you do naturally start to wonder if there are some sour grapes are involved somewhere or maybe a hint of puritanical "dog-in-the-manger"ism, don't you?

mrwriteon said...

I think I knew this woman once -- yes, 'that well.' Her hystrionics, while flattering in a way, were also a bit embarrassing to my staid Anglo-Saxon upbringing.

On the other hand, in this case the attitude seems puritanical and draconian. Was it Mencken who described a puritan as somebody obsessed by the fact that somebody, somewhere might be having fun?

Ellee Seymour said...

That certainly was an eye catching headline. And yes, jealous neighbours.

Berni said...

But honestly dahling us Brits are meant to do everything with a stiff upper lip. What!

EastCoastLife said...

It's interesting. I thought people in the Western world are more open than us in the east. :)

Moggs Tigerpaw said...

Mrwriteon, Personally I figure a pillow, or a handy broad shoulder, or discretely places palm of the hand if not otherwise occupied (to muffle) allow for... ^_^ a more varied choice of venue.

I do like your Sage of Baltimore reference.

Ellee, Giggles and, yes, looks that way.

Bernie, (I can't help myself) Stiff what? Not so much the upper lip a problem in this case. Maybe they will do her husband for going equipped to commit a crime or maybe aiding and abetting her... Inciting?

ECL, I guess it varies, even in the UK, let alone in the 'Western world'. I do think most things are more open. We are openly discussing it here for instance.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thanks for the giggle.

Moggs Tigerpaw said...

You're welcome Welshcakes.