Friday, September 4, 2009

Girls thighs and chocolate

Oh well. In the absence of JMB's photohunt I figure this is a news story to literally and figuratively gladden the heart.

After all the dire warnings about 'size' it looks like having (get this) larger thighs might actually be good for you!

They say if you have thighs over 23 1/2 inches round (as measured just below your bottom) then you actually have a lower risk of heart disease and early death.

Not only that... but it is a better indicator than waist size. That measure has always been touted as bad, and a 'risk factor' for heart disease and type II diabetes, the bigger it gets.

The Danish study that found this involved 3,000 people over more than 10 years.

Needless to say some of the health industry experts seem to think it's too soon to say, because this seems to go against some of what they think.

But a spokesperson for the UK Obesity forum said that it had to be respected, "because of the numbers looked at and the duration of the research."

I am filing this one away in the mental cubby hole that I put stuff like the "Chocolate is good for you research" So I can take it out and look at it every now and then to cheer myself up.

Now I already figured chocolate just haaaad to be good for you long before they did research on it ^_^.

6 comments:

sally in norfolk said...

this is good news for me and my thunder thighs lol :-)

Moggs Tigerpaw said...

Sally I figure you are not alone in this, by a long way. ^_^

Berni said...

That explains it then. I am 3 1/2 inches short of ideal. Darn but I made myself some no sugar nut and chocolate thingy's last night maybe that will fatten up my thighs.

Moggs Tigerpaw said...

Walking and stairs would probably be good also... combined with some medicinal chocolate. ^_^

I really like the 80% chocolates

jmb said...

Any research which encourages the consumption of chocolate, in my case dark only, is very welcome to my ears.

I am sure I meet the criteria for this study by more that the required experimental error.

Thanks for highlighting it Miss Moggs.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

You have made my weekend!