Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saturday Photo Hunt --- Free choice







This week tnchick has given us free reign for our choice of subject and as usual that paralyzes me with indecision. I am really not a great photographer so nothing jumped out at me saying choose me as I browsed through the large number of photos on this computer. But this one represents so well not only the city where I live but also a typical view enjoyed by my walking group on our favourite Granville Island walk.

This is an area of False Creek where people can live on their moored boats and as you see many do. I can't imagine living in such a tiny space but it would certainly make one realize what the true essentials are. Click to enlarge if you wish. I did not reduce the file this week so lots of detail.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE


9 comments:

jams o donnell said...

An excellent choice jmb!

Mar said...

I'd rather follow blogging instructions myself! it isn't easy to be free... !!
Love your choice, jmb, I have been sailing but wouldn't like to permanently live in such reduced spaces.
Happy PH and happy weekend!

Expat Traveler said...

What a lovely pic! And you know I'm absolutely positive I could live in a space like that because we have been living that life for the past year. However, we have an added family visitor and decided to make another transition move at the end of the month..

I'm sure I'd do it if I also had the freedom to travel. :) Hope the rain clears like it has here in Victoria for you!

CherryPie said...

A lovely photo. I can't imagine living in such a small place either.

Carver said...

Beautiful shot JMB. I didn't do photohunters this week as I was at Colonial Williamsburg but it's fun seeing what you did.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Lovely pic. I've often wondered what you would do in a really bad storm if you lived on a boat.

PowersTwinB said...

I think your photo is terrific! I would love to try and live on a boat, if it was by myself though...I couldnt stand to be cooped up with my dear hubby of 38+ years, I'm afraid! I've been missing from Photo Hunt for quite some time, but am trying to come back, I missed you! Please come and visit soon

Moggs Tigerpaw said...

Jettys and moorings and boats always make me think of travel and adventure.

thekingpin68 said...

Nice photo of False Creek.

Russ from Maple Ridge (via Ruthie's blog)