Sunday, November 15, 2009

Moggsy's Top Ten

Ok. A nice fluffy post. See I don't have on my yellow hard hat ^_^

My personal Bill Board top 10 chart in order... plus a bonus track #11.

Oh BTB did you notice my makeover? this is a shot of me in a friend's place by the sea. It is lovely there especially at dawn and sunset.

The usual disclaimer about the tracks. No secret messages, tho goodness knows what a shrink would make of them ^_^ It's a bit of a mixture style-wise too, I make no apologies, I just like them.

Enjoy:

#1 No Other One by Taio Cruz
#2 Almost lover by A Fine Frenzy
#3 Confusion Girl by Frankmusik
#4 I'm not gonna teach your boyfriend how to dance with you by Black Kids
#5 About a Girl by The Academy
#6 Shark in the water by VV Brown
#7 Party in the USA by Myle Cyrus
#8 Meet me Halfway by the Black Eyed Peas
#9 You Belong with me Taylor Swift
#10 4ever by the veronicas

and

#11 New York by Paloma Faith

There is also a really great dance version of "Almost Lover" by Manox, if you like dance tracks.

Kate Nash did a version of "I'm not gonna teach your boyfriend..."

6 comments:

jmb said...

Miss Moggs, Miss Moggs. Why are you always making me feel like I live under a rock musically speaking?

I am working my way through the list, trying to catch up to the world and downloading the occasional one to iTunes so that I become "in" or "cool" or whatever the hip expression is now.

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Moggsy's choices are very interesting and very, very contemporary. Somehow I don't think Moggs and I will be boogieing down on the same dance floor. *sigh*

Berni said...

I recognized some of the names of the songs but that is about it.
When I was in boarding school every Sunday we had to write home. You can imagine the lack of news so I would list the top 10 every week. My parents in Iraq where authorities on the music scene in Britain.

Moggs Tigerpaw said...

JMB, What...? I like music ... *shrugs*

Some of these are not the latest, others may chart later (keep an eye on "No Other One"), some are popular now.

Listen to them and I hope to think you can hardly be hiding under a rock ^_^.

LGS, Yes, they are quite contemporary. It does not mean I don't like other stuff also, just that these ones are my top favourites just now. I get down and boogie to all sorts of stuff in the sl clubs.

Bernie I would not be surprised if your parents got a little bit of street cred by being able to knowledgeably drop a track title or artist into conversation.

What did you all think of them tho?

Did anyone like any of them? Any favourites? Isn't "shark in the water funny"?

Ellee Seymour said...

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the names on your list, I'll have to try them out on iTunes.

Moggs Tigerpaw said...

Ellee, Are the links not working for you?

You can try right clicking on them and and open, or copy and paste the URL link out of properties into your navigation bar.

Might help. The you can listen to the whole song and decide what you think, not just 30 seconds worth.