Friday, November 27, 2009

Saturday Photo Hunt --- Technology





TECHNOLOGY


I am certainly a big fan of technology and I like to have the technological toys like an uptodate laptop and an iPod touch. When all goes well I am delighted with technology. But when there is a problem it is the most frustrating thing in the world. Apologies for the photos, you know the idea is the thing on this blog, not the brilliant photos.


Old Canon printer

For 11 long months we have been unable to get my MacBook Pro to print wirelessly through our home network. The others, PCs, worked just fine. So giving up we purchased, at great expense, a new fancy network printer. One week later, with much consulting of the Canon help line, we have two PCs up and running and one MacBook Pro still unable to print. Today we consult the poor technicians once again and the Old Scientist lives in hope that we will finally succeed. I am more skeptical. Ain't TECHNOLOGY grand?


Fancy new Canon printer, with 900 page online
manual without an index. They have to be joking!



HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE


18 comments:

Mar said...

900-page manual?? they've got to be kidding!! technology is supposed to make our lives easier!!!

Happy PH, mine is here

Sarabeth said...

900 pages! Ack!

Sean Jeating said...

Phew! That's even thinner a leaflet than the 1669 pages opus my friend Tetrapilotomos currently is proof-reading: 'Pre-Assyrian Philately in a Nutshell'.

Carver said...

Great take on the theme. I know well how frustrating these issues can be. I hate the way everything has online manuals and almost no paper documentation. Perhaps better for the environment but I don't like it. The idea of 900 pages and no index is insane.

Happy Weekend!

jams o donnell said...

Great choice jmb even if all does not go absolutely smoothly! A 900 page manual? No index? That is REALLY helpful!

TeacherJulie said...

what a helpful 900 page manual. not. LOL. sometimes it feels like things are much easier when we were still click-clacking on a typewriter :D

happy weekend!

My PH:
http://treasurejar.info/2009/11/28/digital-scrapbooking/

YTSL said...

Hi JMB --

I've been having problems with computer printers myself. The first few I owned -- all HP printers -- were great. But my current printer -- also a HP printer -- is annoyingly temperamental -- sometimes printing fine but other times not. Sometimes it seems like the newer the technology, the more liable to malfunction it is! :S

Expat Traveler said...

Wow... Yup technology is grand... My laptop doesnt work either... not so fun!

barbarah said...

I know what you mean. Technology can be so wonderful when it works -- and such a headache when it doesn't.

archiearchive said...

Printers and their drivers always seem to want to take over my computer. Grrrrr

Great choice for the theme!

mirage2g said...

wow on that! And I thought hubby is always up to date...lol. but I think its better not to have such 900 page manual haha. I have to agree with teacher julie...i miss my typewriter too. lol. happy weekend!


www.gmirage.com

EastCoastLife said...

I gave up on manuals long time ago. I rely on my son and nephews for operating the various gadgets I own. These youngsters are so good at it. They don't need a manual. :)

Smalltown RN said...

wow that is crazy....isn't technology suppose to make our lives a little easier...it makes you wonder sometimes doesn't it....

HOpe you have a great weekend...

CherryPie said...

How frustrating. I hope you get it fixed soon!

luna miranda said...

900-page manual?! i hate reading manuals of more than 2 pages.:p

Ellee Seymour said...

Hi JMB, I have the the same problem in connecting wireless with my new HP printer and Macbook. I've had a tekkie look at it too and he couldn't success. After reading internet forums on this subject, it seems we are not alone. I've given up, I'm afraid. I'd like to know if you can get the problem sorted.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Without an index? My god!

Moggs Tigerpaw said...

The printers do look the business tho don't they?

My printer works fine but I don't have a macbook.

I can't get it to interface with my work PC tho, so I feel your pain ^_^