Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year to Everyone from JMB and Moggs


HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE
MAY 2010 BRING YOU ALL THAT YOU WISH


And so ends 2009, the third year of this blog, although it seems I have been running out of things to say here recently and posts have been sparse. Maybe in the New Year I will be more inspired. I hope you won't mind me repeating much of last year's post and even the year before's.

I said this last year and it still remains so true I'm will repeat it. You, my blog friends, have all enriched my life in so many ways. You've challenged my mind with your posts, you've helped me with my tech problems, you've taught me so much about your different worlds, you've entertained me with your humour. Some of you have shared your poetry and stories and your beautiful paintings and photographs. You've welcomed me into your lives and shared your innermost thoughts and I am grateful to each and every one of you.

I wish you all health, happiness and prosperity for 2010 and being half Scottish, I'll close with the words of Rabbie Burns in Auld Lang Syne and make a toast (non-alcoholic, of course) to you all.

And there's a hand, my trusty fiere!
And gie's a hand o' thine!
And we'll tak a right guid willy waught,
For auld lang syne.

or for the linguistically challenged English speakers

And there is a hand, my trusty friend!
And give me a hand of yours!
And we will take a right good-will drink,
For old long past.




Eddi Reader, Scottish singer/songwriter, in a very different version of Auld Lang Syne

NB: Words and translation from the World Burns Club

16 comments:

CalumCarr said...

Great minds, JMB. I posted this exact video and 2 other Burns' songs also by Eddi Reader.

Happy New year to you and the Old Scientist

jams o donnell said...

Wishing you a Happy New Year JMB!

Sean Jeating said...

Happy New Year to you, Myladies, the old scientist and your readers. Sláinte!

CherryPie said...

Happy New Year :-)

EastCoastLife said...

My wishes for you,
Great start for Jan,
Love for Feb,
Peace for March,
No worries for April,
Fun for May,
Joy for June to Nov,
Happiness for Dec,
Have a lucky and wonderful 2010, JMB!

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

You have enriched our lives too. Happy New Year and many, many more blog posts please.

James Higham said...

And to both of you.

Carver said...

Happy New Year! I am so glad to have gotten to know you through your blog. I've run out of things to say myself and find that the posts on both of my blogs are pretty much all photo theme ones these days. I always enjoy your posts and the places you take us. Wishing you all the best in the year ahead.

YTSL said...

Happy new year, jmb, and hope you'll continue Photo Hunting as I so like to see what you've got for us each Saturday. :)

CRIZ LAI said...

Happy New Year 2010!

http://crizcats.blogspot.com/

CRIZ LAI said...

Happy New Year 2010!

http://crizcats.blogspot.com/

Moggs Tigerpaw said...

Thank you all. Good wishes to everyone.

rlbates said...

Happy New Year to you!

Liz said...

A very happy New Year to you too, jmb.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Buon anno dalla Sicilia, cara jmb.

Nunyaa said...

Happy New Year JMB and Moggs, wishing you much happiness, health and love:)