Friday, May 28, 2010

Saturday Photo Hunt ---- Memorial






MEMORIAL



One of the nicest memorials I have seen is one I found in Perth last year, honouring the Pioneer Women of Western Australia. The text which I photographed is hard to read so I will reproduce it here.

This fountain plays to honour the Pioneer women of Western Australia. The figure symbolises their courage, strength and tenderness. Mother and child move through the bushland of surging jets, towards their destiny, the three great sprays.


Click to enlarge if you wish. I have a feeling this image has been on this blog before and even for photo hunt so forgive me if I am repeating myself.


HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE




16 comments:

Carolina Victory said...

That's a beautiful photo. Not that common to see a memorial to women, so very cool. Happy weekend.

Annie
http://www.slowtrav.com/blog/jgk/

Carver said...

What a wonderful memorial and text. Great choice. I hope you have a great weekend.

Colin Campbell said...

I much prefer that kind of memorial than things with lists of names. That said, the Vietnam Memorial in Washingto DC is awe inspiring and humbling.

YTSL said...

It's such a beautiful photo I can see why you might be tempted to share it more than once, JMB! :)

Gledwood said...

Every picture I have seen of Perth has those amazing colour values... what is it? The bright sunshiny weather? Perth is pretty much a city on its own so the air must be clear, it certainly looks clear... I have a cousin out there (and several more in Sydney) and would love to go visiting one day ...

Luna Miranda said...

a great memorial. it's good to know that there's a memorial for women.;P

Heart of Rachel said...

That's a lovely sculpture amidst the fountain. The meaning behind it makes it more interesting.

CRIZ LAI said...

What a nice memorial sitting on a nice landscape. Beautiful! :P

http://crizcats.blogspot.com/

jams o donnell said...

THat is an unusual but fitting memorial. Have a great weekend

ipanema said...

i agree one of a kind. at least there's something to remember the women of Australia and what they represent to all women.

happy weekend! :)

Janice Thomson said...

A delightful and timeless memorial JMB

CherryPie said...

That is a very beautiful memorial :-)

I hope you have a great weekend .

Maya said...

Nice choice for this week's theme. I've noticed that in Australia that do a good job of creating memorials for both men, women and even animals.

Lee said...

How wonderful! I didn't know about that memorial, jmb.

Ellee Seymour said...

I love fountains and water features too. they are a very peaceful memorial.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Well, I haven't seen it before and I think it's lovely.