Friday, October 29, 2010

Saturday Photo Hunt --- Dark







DARK

Second time around for the dark theme and last time I went for almost total dark. Since it's Halloween this weekend I thought these photos might fill the bill. I took them at the Dunbar Haunted House, which is not far from me, where the owners go all out each year with decoration for Halloween, I mean all out! They even have actors dressed up after dark who pop out and scare the visitors. The other night 1323 people went through the display in one evening and the wait to get in was more one hour. I'll do my annual post on this house on the day itself for I took lots of photos. Err I only visit in the daytime.

EEK!


Scary face looms out of the dark!

Don't ask!



HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE AND HAPPY HALLOWEEN





15 comments:

Carver said...

Great haunted shots for the theme and for Halloween. Happy weekend.

Anne said...

Wow, that looks like an elaborate haunted house. Nice photos!

Have a great Halloween weekend.

Annie
http://www.slowtrav.com/blog/annienc/2010/10/photohunt_dark_1.html

ewok1993 said...

how appropriately dark and halloween-y post.

i can't remember a dark theme before. it must be before i got on board.

Sue St Clair said...

What a great collection of photos. And the display sounds wonderful! Halloween is my fave holiday so I'd just love this haunted house :)

Happy Halloween and Photo Hunt!

Mar said...

Mwahahaha!! great dark shots!!
dark...

jams o donnell said...

Hoi, If I had known you had been to our house I would have given you a cup of tea!

That looks like a fun and scary place. Happy wekend

YTSL said...

Yikes -- that looks like a scary haunted house! Have to admit that I like to steer clear of haunted houses. (I'd much rather get my thrills from such as rollercoasters!!! :D)

Liza said...

Spooky! Love them all. :)

Hope you have a fun and safe Halloween weekend.

Liz @ MLC

Luna Miranda said...

i love your post!:p
it'll be a lot of fun to visit a horror house this weekend.

Life Ramblings said...

that looks spooky but wonderful shots for this week. perfect for the theme.

CherryPie said...

Great photos, I am not sure I would even fancy visiting during the day ;-)

Have a good weekend :-)

Colin Campbell said...

Is that the Old Scientist dressed up?

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Scary stuff, jmb!

sally in norfolk said...

great Halloween pics but i dont like dark colours they make me feel depressed :-9

Moggs Tigerpaw said...

They have been to a lot of trouble. It looks really good. I am not sure how the Romans come into it.

These things often seem more scare the less well you can see them. Maybe because it lets your imagination add extra scaryness ^_^