Thursday, December 23, 2010

Counting your blessings

I had something happen to me just a little while back in rl. It was something that, if things had happened just slightly differently, I might not have seen Christmas 2010. Slightly different in another way and it would not have happened at all.

Some of the things that went towards it were chance, other things were actions of someone else and my own too, all coming together in a certain way.

It really made me think. If that bad possibility had happened then for those who know me in sl... and here on this blog, I would have just not bee seen or heard of again. Dissapeared. No one would have known anything else for sure.

Then there is RL as well...

One thing is it has really made me count my blessings. It is Christmas anyway and I think Christmas makes a person do that some anyway, so it is even more so for me just now.

If I find myself thinking “O that is a nuisance.” Or feeling badly done by for some reason then I pull myself up and there comes the understanding... like a cold drip of water running down my neck.

And I really know that it could really be worse. Like the glass resets its self from being half empty to half full.

It is a bit like those perspective puzzle pictures that swap between two ways of seeing the same thing.

Mostly we don’t actually really get our heads round really realising things. We just use the word, Like we might say “Awesome” or “Fantastic”. Mostly it is a sound, we are not actually “getting it” properly. We don’t see the wood for the trees.

So. Next time you feel put upon like the world treats you unfairly. You count your blessings. And as it’s Christmas maybe watch “It's a wonderful Life”.

1 comment:

jmb said...

Well I am very glad that you are still here with us and did not just disappear from my Second Life or my real life here.

As you say, things can go one way but so easily another and all in a blink of an eye.

I count my blessings every day and I'm thankful for each and every one of them.