Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year for 2011 from JMB and Miss Moggs




HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE
MAY 2011 BRING YOU ALL THAT YOU WISH
BE HEALTHY AND HAPPY!


And so ends 2010, the fourth year of this blog, and what I have previously called my annus horribilis. Posting has been very sparse here over this past year as I have undergone various treatments for Thyroid cancer, a disease so curable in younger people but far more deadly for the age challenged. Thus it required an all out attack with all the weapons available and it seemed never ending as one treatment followed another. But it did finally conclude and I am now considering myself fully cured, although still enduring some of the side effects of radiation. No, while stronger, my voice has not returned and it's still a cross between Lauren Bacall and a man who smokes 3 packs of cigarettes a day. I'm beginning to believe it will be permanently thus. Sighs.

I say this every year and it still remains so true I'm will repeat it. You, my blog friends, have all enriched my life in so many ways. You've challenged my mind with your posts, you've helped me with my tech problems, you've taught me so much about your different worlds, you've entertained me with your humour. Some of you have shared your poetry and stories and your beautiful paintings and photographs. You've welcomed me into your lives and shared your innermost thoughts and I am grateful to each and every one of you.

I wish you all health, happiness and prosperity for 2011, may it be infinitely better than 2010 and being half Scottish, I'll close with the words of Rabbie Burns in Auld Lang Syne and make a toast (non-alcoholic, of course) to you all.

And there's a hand, my trusty fiere!
And gie's a hand o' thine!
And we'll tak a right guid willy waught,
For auld lang syne.

or for the linguistically challenged English speakers

And there is a hand, my trusty friend!
And give me a hand of yours!
And we will take a right good-will drink,
For old long past.







Eddi Reader, Scottish singer/songwriter, in a very different version of Auld Lang Syne

NB: Words and translation from the World Burns Club

12 comments:

CherryPie said...

I wish you all the best for 2011 :-)

ipanema said...

Happy New Year jmb! :)

Ellee Seymour said...

Best wishes for a very happy new year.

YTSL said...

Hi jmb --

Here's wishing you a happy 2011 -- and hoping that it'll be far better for you than 2010 was.

lgsquirrel said...

Glad that your treatment is over and successful. May 2011 bring blessings, happiness and peace to you and yours.

jams o donnell said...

Here's wishing you a happy and healthy new year jmb.

Carver said...

Wishing you all the best for the new year ahead! Happy New Year!

Janice Thomson said...

Happy New Year JMB. Wishing you health and happiness this coming year. Take care.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thinking of you, as always, jmb and wishing you a very Happy New Year.

Moggs Tigerpaw said...

Happy New Year!!!

Sometimes Saintly Nick said...

Excellent post, my dear friend.

Every best joy;
every best happiness;
every best expectation.
Every best dream;
every best thought;
every best kindness.
Every best hope;
every best wish;
I wish for you in 2011.

Liz said...

I'm so glad your treatment has been successful. I imagine you sound very sexy now!!

May 2011 be wonderful for you and the old scientist.

Love from George and Liz in Wales xx