Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas to all from JMB


I don't know if there is anyone out there still reading Nobody Important. Although while I have been on hiatus of late for various reasons Miss Moggs has been doing her level best to keep things alive and well here.

It's been quite the year, 2010, but after finally finishing my medical treatments and regaining some of my lost energy, I went to spend American Thanksgiving with my daughter and her family in New York and visited the theatre a few times. The past couple of weeks I've been brought down by the worst cold but now I am looking forward to Christmas which hopefully will not be a "White" one, despite being so beautiful.

But as you can see I did bring a White Christmas to my Second Life home at Nestor, my little log cabin.


Those outdoor Christmas trees are ablaze with lit candles which are perfectly safe in Second Life but would be unthinkable in Real Life. Poinsettias adorn my front deck just as they do my Real Life house.


It looks so warm and inviting at night. Come in out of the cold snow and sit by the warm fire with me and let's share some spiced mulled wine and some shortbread. The snow is falling gently, thanks to a snow emitter I put into place. My snowman and his family keep guard outside and while they are not in this photo two reindeer have come to investigate the log fire on the other side of the front steps.

Christmas is a time to celebrate with family and friends. For almost 50 years we have celebrated Christmas with a Scottish family, expats like ourselves with no nearby family. Our children, who were so small or not even in existence when we started, now have their own children, who are with us some years. Some of them are adults now and maybe there will be another generation joining us soon. We alternate houses for the celebration and we have evolved our own traditional menu, which hardly varies. This year I made the Christmas pudding and will make Foamy Eggnog sauce while my friend cooks the turkey and trimmings. Cranberry sauce is a North American dish we have added but mostly we follow the British traditions we both grew up with. Yes even Australians of my generation followed British Christmas traditions, although they hardly suited that hot climate.

May I wish all who are celebrating this festival a very Merry Christmas, filled with much joy and peace for you and your families.


Ms JMB Balogh and Rudolph sent this Christmas card to Second Life friends

* Click on any photo to enlarge.

13 comments:

jams o donnell said...

Here's wishing you a happy Xmas JMB. Our own day will be quiet. - just myself and the not-wife, no visitors or visiting... Bliss!

CherryPie said...

Happy Christmas JMB, I hope you have a great time and not too stressful for you.

lgsquirrel said...

my, my .... what a big big nose has Rudolph. Have a very blessed Christmas in real and second life.

Shades said...

Have a good time, I'll try to drop in on your porch one day.

Carver said...

Dear JMB,

I hope you have a very happy Christmas and a healthier year ahead! Cheers, Carver

Gledwood said...

Have a brilliant time this Holiday Season. What will you have for Christmas Dinner? Just tinned meat? Or will you have dried food with a bit of gravy? Or will some kindly soul sort you out with choice turkey leftovers? If the family play charades, no barking now! I always wondered what West Highland White Terriers had for Christmas Lunch!!

Plus here's wishing you a very happy 2011 indeed ;-)

YTSL said...

Seasons greetings to you, JMB -- and yes, I've been visiting -- and hope to continue doing so and seeing new blog entries from you in 2011. :)

EastCoastLife said...

Merry Christmas JMB!

Colin Campbell said...

Happy Holidays to you. Glad you are feeling better. Quite Christmas for us.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I'm sure many people are still reading. Merry Xmas again and here's to a healthy new year. xx

ipanema said...

Happy holidays jmb! I hope you had a great and meaningful Christmas! :)

sally in norfolk said...

hoping you had a fab Christmas and may 2011 be a great year for you x

Moggs Tigerpaw said...

Merry christmas JMB. You can see lots of people read your stuff. Mucho Commento