Friday, December 24, 2010

Moments in time

Just before Christmas in one of the biggest cities in the world.

It is cold and grey, the wind chills. Warmly wrapped people hurrying bustle about. The pedestrian lights are against me, waiting to cross the road. Two young Japanese touristgirls, Christmas shopping, are waiting to cross on the other side.

I see the traffic lights change to red and I start to move. The green crossing guy lights up a second later. The touristgirls do a double take, hold hands, and hurry across, almost running.

As they pass me I hear them saying to one another “Run Fores’. Run!” .Smiling.

And I smiled to myself, feeling somehow lifted because of it and thought.. Life really is soo like a box of chocolates...

4 comments:

Ellee Seymour said...

It sounds like you have a very sweet life. Have a very happy Christmas.

jmb said...

It's funny how a moment like this will stand out from all the others in our daily life. Ordinary everyday things happening but somehow it pops out from the rest and makes us pause and think. And rejoice.

Janice Thomson said...

Merry Christmas JMB - and to you too Moggs. May peace and joy be yours in 2011.

Moggs Tigerpaw said...

Some things do stand out, like they were spot lit