Friday, January 7, 2011

Saturday Photo Hunt ---- Free week










"FREE WEEK"


It's some time since I participated in Photo Hunt and it's very easy to get out of the habit but I was determined to start again in the new year. First up is a free week with your choice of any image. As usual this doesn't help me at all, as free choice tends to paralyze me with indecision.

I took this photo on a walk during the Fall. It's not easy to see but it shows an interesting thick ribbon of fog lying low on the water all along the harbour with North Shore mountains in the misty distance. Also hard to see is a raven perched on the remains of the tree. What a great photo, not! You can click to enlarge it for more detail if you are so inclined.



HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE


15 comments:

Liz said...

That sort of mist is always fascinating.

YTSL said...

Happy to see you back to Photo Hunting, JMB. Happy new year and may 2011 bring you good health and happiness.

ancient one said...

Wonderful photos.. I'm enjoying seeing what everyone is using for Free theme.

Randi said...

Lovely shot - love the magic mist!
I wish you a Happy New Year.

EastCoastLife said...

Happy 2011! I was wondering what fantastic things are happening in your life that you skipped posting on PhotoHUnt. You got an ebook reader. Cool. :)

CherryPie said...

Very interesting indeed :-)

I hope you have a good weekend

archiearchive said...

The world can look so gentle when covered with a mist.

Welcome back to photohunters

Carver said...

Great shot. I love fog and old wood and of course birds. The shot is composed so well. I always miss you when you don't do photohunters. Your blog is where I first found out about the photohunt and it was my first weekly theme. Now all I do blog wise is the various photo themes which I enjoy. Happy Weekend!

Mar said...

What a beautiful and artistic composition! love your free choice, it's harder than having a set theme :)
Happy New Year!!
Photohunt

Marta said...

Welcome back - and with a beautiful picture of Vancouver. I like the log/driftwood accenting the foreground along with the distant vista.

Luna Miranda said...

good to see you back! wonderful foreground, makes the foggy horizon more interesting.

Sue St Clair said...

The low lying fog and blackbird lend an air of mystery to this scene :) I too am happy to see you are back!

Annie said...

It's a beautiful scene. Lovely choice for free week. Happy New Year and welcome back to the Hunt!

Life Ramblings said...

welcome back JMB. look forward to another year of your photohunt photos.

jams o donnell said...

That's a glorious sight