Monday, March 7, 2011

Goofing Off!


Normally I hate these things but this ornamental
cabbage warranted a photo


I see that while I have been on a little hiatus from blogging, or one might say goofing off, I passed the fourth anniversary of the date I ventured into the blogging world, February 8th, 2007.

I don't consider myself a writer by any standards, but over that course of time I've written over 700 posts and if you consider each to be the equivalent of at least a page, well I've written a rather lengthy book. The truly amazing thing is I have never published a post that has not received comments, from the very first one, when 6 kindly people welcomed me into the blogosphere, until now.

But sometimes the muse leaves even the best of writers, let alone me. It's not that I haven't had things of interest to tell, like going to New York City for Thanksgiving, or lots of occasions at the theatre or some interesting books I've read recently which I could have recommended. I even lost focus on Photo Hunt, such that Miss Moggs bravely took up the baton with it and she has been keeping the home fires burning so to speak, with thoughts on this and that.

Well last Saturday I returned to the hunt, after more than a month away and I'll certainly try to keep that up. As for the rest, well as the spirit moves.

I am well, in case you thought I might be having health issues. Still croaking away, although more strongly, but learning to accept that it is what it is. I have every reason to be grateful overall I know.

Four years! My aim was to complete one year at least, then a second went by, and a third. This last, my fourth, my annus horribilis, has seen a lot less action here. Let's see what the fifth one brings, but don't hold your breath!


7 comments:

lgsquirrel said...

We've missed you when you have been goofing off. Happy 4th blog-anniversary and wishing many more blog years and no more annus horribilis.

Moggs Tigerpaw said...

You always seem to get more comments than me. You got twice as many on Saturday's photohunt and even then someone thought I was you ^_^

Maybe you could write a novel too. If you had started it when you started the blog it would be as thick as war and peace by now ^_^

jams o donnell said...

Here's wishing you many more years of happy blogging jmb... and no more anni horribili!

Ah I've almost repeated word for word what iqsuirrel said but we are both true!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Yes, I was worried that you might be having health issues and am relieved to read that you are well. Congratulations on the blog anniversary.

CherryPie said...

Well for the 5th year I wish you health and happiness :-)

Which might mean blog posts if you are up to it, which I know your readers will love :-)

Janice Thomson said...

Well good to see you even if just for Photo Hunt. Wishing you many more years of blogging as the 'spirit moves you'. :)

Lee said...

Happy Anniversary, jmb...great pic!