Friday, March 11, 2011

Saturday Photo Hunt --- Machines








MACHINES


Here's a pair of machines I saw today when I was out with my walking group. I have been told these large apartment buildings, on the edge of False Creek, which is an offshoot of Vancouver Harbour, are apparently sinking, so they are driving pylons into the ground nearby. Oh yes, it was incredibly noisy. Click to make a little larger. Sadly I upgraded to iPhoto 11 and the images do not upload at full size or even a decent size. Even more sad is the fact that I can't go back. to the previous version. Sighs.



HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE


9 comments:

Gledwood said...

That looks like my old university, complete with "broad" which is a Norfolk word for a man-made lake (not a "salty" old lady)..!

ewok1993 said...

I really like the scene that you captured here. It's not all about the machines. I liked everything in this image. Great job.

http://ewok1993.wordpress.com/2011/03/11/photo-hunt-122-machines/

Carver said...

It's amazing what machines can do. Looks like a lovely spot. Happy weekend.

Mar said...

Huge machine, great performers! enjoy your weekend.

machine

Life Ramblings said...

the machine adds a nice touch and character to the surroundings.

Sue St Clair said...

Hopefully they can fix the problem with the sinking. Great pic for the theme :)

CherryPie said...

Interesting machines to see on a walk.

Happy Weekend to you :-)

Annie said...

Funny how natural that machines looks...I guess we all are used to seeing machinery all over the place. Happy weekend.

Moggs Tigerpaw said...

Piledrivers remind me of a rocket gantry.