Friday, March 4, 2011

Saturday Photo Hunt --- Self Portrait








SELF PORTRAIT


It's been a while since I've participated in Photo Hunt, having had a little hiatus from blogging. I'm going to treat this theme as being a Portrait of Self, rather than Self Portrait. You can paint yourself easily but photographing yourself, well that requires more organization.

Now I'm not planning on using this photo anytime soon, but I call it my Funeral photo. You know the one they have on a stand at the front of the church at funerals. The departed one looking his or her very best. Obviously it's not current. I was in my mid forties at the time but I've always liked it for some reason. Yes, I do have that very pale, very freckly, Celtic skin, even today, thirty years later, although the flash washed it out a little.



HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE


13 comments:

Mar said...

A lovely portrait! don't like what you call it, though ;)
Happy weekend.
self-portrait

Randi said...

What a beautiful portrait!
Happy weekend.

My entry is here

jams o donnell said...

It's a very nice portrait jmb. I shudder to think what one the not-wife would use for me!

EastCoastLife said...

That is a beautiful portrait. I see that you have very happy moments in your life.

I have prepared a portrait for my own funeral too. I want to be remembered for what I am.

Carver said...

JMB I love that photograph of you. That's a great choice for the theme.

Moggs Tigerpaw said...

JMB, Looking good.. nut not so morbid pleeease.

sally in norfolk said...

A really lovely photo :-)

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

It's lovely but I hope it doesn't have to do its job for a very long time yet!

Gledwood said...

And there was me thinking you were a particularly bright and intelligent West Highland white terrier!

CherryPie said...

That is a lovely photograph. I hope you have had a good weekend :-)

lgsquirrel said...

Like Gledwood, I was a little surprised.

Janice Thomson said...

Definitely a lovely portrait JMB. Like how you twisted the theme just a tad to work this in :)

Colin Campbell said...

Beaut Mate!