Friday, April 15, 2011

Saturday Photo Hunt --- Road




Now some of you take photos especially for Photo Hunt themes and others browse their archives. I tend to be in the latter category and since there were slim pickings for road in there, I am stretching the theme just a tad or rather a lot. It's more like a building with some road! Good heavens, those New Zealanders drive on the wrong side of the road!



This was taken in Napier, New Zealand which was levelled by an earthquake in 1931 and rebuilt totally in the Art Deco style. It also has the distinction of being the only World Heritage site in New Zealand and the place where my father-in-law was born, although he later emigrated to Australia. Click to enlarge if you wish.


HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE


11 comments:

Anne said...

I'm an archive browser too. Glad you found this one - I love the architecture. Agree with you about Venetians and their dogs!

Happy weekend.

Annie
http://www.slowtrav.com/blog/annienc/2011/04/photohunt_roads.html

ewok1993 said...

I am like you. I don't snap for a theme. I raid the archives.

Enjoy the weekend.

 gmirage said...

I love how this photo tells a story---I take photos if I don't have them archived...glad that I have photographic memory as well so I know immediately if I haveone for the theme ;) Lovely weekend to you! -viennadaily

CherryPie said...

Just perfect for the theme.

I browse my archives too ;-)

Happy weekend to you :-)

Carver said...

That's a great shot. It does show the road and I like the architecture of the building. Interesting post JMB.

YTSL said...

Hi jmb --

As I think you know, I too generally am an archive browser. Sometimes though, when I see a particularly challenging Photo Hunt theme ahead, I try to make a point to look out for something suitable to take a photo of for it... but as my photo archive increases, I increasingly don't get that need to do so... ;b

momgen said...

Nice one for the theme. Happy weekend. Mine is up.

Mine is here

EastCoastLife said...

I have to be an archive browser due to lack of time to take pictures. :P

Luckily I have many photos in my archive to last me for a while. :)

Liza said...

Wonderful shots.

Have a fabulous weekend!

Liz @ MLC

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I'm a bit late to say "Happy weekend" so here's wishing you a Happy Easter instead,jmb! xx

Lee said...

Nope - our Kiwi mates and us Aussies drive on the correct side of the road...it's you guys up there who've got it all wrong!

Have a lovely Easter, Jmb. :)