Friday, August 5, 2011

Saturday Photo Hunt --- Painted







PAINTED


With my Thursday walking group yesterday I came upon this mural painted on the back of the buildings for maintenance equipment in a park by the Vancouver harbour beachside. Click to enlarge for more detail.


Blue for by the sea?

It was certainly very colourful although I had no idea what the
imagery meant.

The centaur seems a bit outnumbered and outweaponed by
the king and his cohorts

The Mural was painted in June 1992 by Los Artistas Mexicanos under the auspices of the Arts in Action Society.


HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE


11 comments:

jams o donnell said...

They are impressive murals jmb. Great take on the theme

Carver said...

I like the mural and also don't know what it's symbolic of but it seems to be mythological. Not sure what the myth would be. Great choice for the theme.

YTSL said...

My quick impressions of what I saw is some titanic battle between humans and nature that involve battles against temptation! ;b

Donnetta said...

How interesting. And you just happened across it? Nice little find. D

Luna Miranda said...

interesting mythical subjects. a wonderful find for this week's theme.

Mar said...

Beautiful mural!! great find for the theme, happy weekend, jmb!

CherryPie said...

That is a very interesting mural, very fitting for the theme.

I hope you have a good weekend :-)

lgsquirrel said...

I love the colors and the mural is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

EastCoastLife said...

What an interesting mural! I like the colours.

Moggsy said...

Realy imaginative, better than tags for sure.

Sue St Clair said...

It is definitely an interesting mural! Thank you for stopping by and hope you had a great weekend!