Monday, April 2, 2012

What “Glee” Character are you?

This post is a bit different from recent ones. Maybe I will be condemning myself.. but do I love “Glee”. But regular readers will know I like music.

For those of you who don’t know, or won’t admit to knowing ^_^, Glee is a TV show about a High School glee club. A glee club is a singing club.

OK I admit the show is silly sometimes, but it is fun and has lots of music. To be honest I think it is a bit tongue in cheek and does not pretend to be utterly realistic all the time. Tho it does explore many social issues in a safe way.

It is a “musical comedy-drama” TV series and is situated in McKinley High. It is about a High School glee club called New Directions who are generally looked down on, especially by the Jocks and Cheerleaders. This is (weirdly) despite some of the main characters being on the football team, in the Cheerios (^_^ cereal anyone?) or former members.

New Directions compete against other clubs on the show choir competition circuit, while the show examines their relationships, sexual or otherwise and social issues. And Sue Silvester the Cheerios coach tries to sabotage their chances, in a battle with Will Schuester, who runs the Glee Club, over funding.

So anyway… The characters are almost archetypes and I got to thinking, for fun, what Glee character we most resemble. A bit like what would be your star wars name? sort of thing, but more personality oriented.

I think I am a bit like Brittany personality-wise, as I like to think I am bright and cheerful and accepting of people, except I hope I am not so dumb. But if she isn’t the sharpest knife in the draw she somehow still manages to be wise anyway, emotionally.

I guess I look more like Santana than Brittany tho.

What do you think? Who are you like? No slushies in the face please…

10 comments:

James Higham said...

Carlos Santana?

Moggsy said...

I don't remember any guest role for Carlos Santana.. Ricky Martin, not Santana.. unless I missed one.

Fess up, you don't watch it do you? And have no idea who the characters are ^_^

Becca said...

I'm one of the "Glee" fanatic. I enjoy the musical with a touch of love story and drama.


Catering Melbourne

Moggsy said...

Becca, Absolutely. The music is hight standard isn't it? They can often put a spin on a track that transforms it. And they use mash-ups cleverly also. I have some of their tracks in my MP3 collection.

James.. OK I missed what you did, maybe I am more like Brittany than I thought ^_^. Brittany Susan Pierce that is.

It is Santana >Lopez<, she is a Cheerio

John said...

This is a very beautiful and interesting article
The most glamorous one i have read today!

I will go for MArtin


GED Online

Moggsy said...

Thanks John.

Gledwood said...

I like the Jewish girl who's absolutely determined to be a star. That's my girl.

O by the way you don't seem to have been round for ages but I changed my blog address:

http://gledwood4.blogspot.com

BTW I say "that's my girl" advisedly. For I'm growing breast tissue and turning into a woman. A consultant surgeon told me so!!!!!!

Moggsy said...

Gledwood, That would be Rachael.

..and wow. I figure this is something you want to happen? So congrats.

jmb said...

I've never watched this show so can't contribute a meaningful comment. Luckily its popularity doesn't depend on me.

Moggsy said...

Some of my favorite characters will have graduated by next season.

I hope they don't just dissapear.